SGM College Karad

Introduction

The school was the first of its kind in India which was built up at a Tehsil put route back in June 1954. The school was begun with just 54 Students in a solitary Arts Faculty. It thrived throughout the years to end up a multifaculty organization with 22 UG., 7 PG. Offices, countless administrations and interdisciplinary exercises at present. Other than this, the school runs Virtual Learning Center of Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University, Nasik, M.Phil. in Marathi, B.C.S and different other PC courses.

According to requests of the understudies, school conducts 11 self-financing courses which are vocation situated and enable understudies for self–employment and extra abilities. The grounds is spread over around 6.8 hectors. The aggregate understudy quality of Senior and Junior College is more than 6000. The quantity of showing and non-showing staff is above 200. The school is "A" certify by NAAC. The Shivaji University has granted the status of 'Lead College' to u

History

The Rayat Shikshan Sanstha entered the field of advanced education in the year 1947 when its first school, Chhatrapati Shivaji College, Satara, was set up. On fifteenth August 1953, Karmaveer Anna freely declared his expectation to begin another school at Karad the next year. Anna had watched that there were universities at region head-quarters like Pune, Satara, Sangli, Solapur and Kolhapur. However, the destitute individuals in the provincial ranges couldn't send their youngsters to these universities. The school instruction was 'excessively costly' for them. Subsequently, Anna chose to take advanced education to the hovels of poor people. As an initial phase in this course, he decided to begin a school at a Tehsil place. According to the declaration made before, an application was sent to the University of Poona looking for its consent to begin the school. The Local Inquiry Commission of the Poona University went to the school premises and conceded the connection. The University of Poona requested that Anna pay a store measure of Rs. 50,000/ - before opening the school. Anna had no cash with him, yet he didn't lose heart. He drew nearer two of his associates in Pune, Mr.Baburao Sanas the ex-Mayor of Poona and Mr.Shankarrao Ursal, the then Mayor of Poona. The issue was examined and determined. They went to Mahatma Phule (Vegetable) Market and held a meeting of the slow down managers, vegetable sellers, specialists and workers.

Bhaurao Patil advised general society that he wished to begin a school for destitute individuals at Karad, a remote town; 150 kilometers from Pune and required a gigantic measure of Rs.50,000/ - . He claimed general society to help him in this honorable motivation. The poor vegetable-dealers, specialists and workers gave their day's profit to Bhaurao and he got more sum than was required.

Bhaurao Patil opened the school by the conversion of the Krishna and Koyana waterways in June 1954. Shri. Bando Gopala Kadam assumed name Mukadam Tatya, a half-bare fakir viewed Gadage Baba as his Guru. He guaranteed to give an aggregate of Rs.1 lakh (by gathering it from open) to the school on the condition that the school would be named after Gadage Maharaj . Anna presented Shri. Mukadam to the University Commission and enlightened the individuals concerning the emotions in the heart of the devotee for his master. The commission was significantly awed and the school was named after Gadage Maharaj, an uneducated yet experienced holy person, clad in wear garments, a social reformer who battled against visually impaired convictions, undesirable traditions and customs, out of date social traditions and tipsiness in the public eye; a prophet who maintained the nobility of work, equity and truth in varying backgrounds. The school was formally introduced at the promising hands of Hon'ble Dr.Dhananjayrao Gadgil at some point in September 1954 and was subsidiary to the University of Poona.

At present, it is associated to Shivaji University, Kolhapur and is perceived by the UGC under segment 2 F of the UGC Act. The school grounds is spread more than 17 sections of land's territory at Vidyanagar, Karad. The school had in the past been going by three previous Vice-Chancellors : Prin. Attorney P.G.Patil, (the writer of The Bountiful Banyan, an account of Karmaveer Bhaurao Patil and the interpreter of Mahatma Phule's book Slavery, a famous researcher who in this manner turn into a Member of MPSC), Prin. R. K. Kanbarkar (a well known English Grammarian) and Dr.V.K.Ghate. The previous executive of Maharashtra Public Service Commission, Prin. Mrs. Sumatibai Patil and the famous educationist Prin.A.B.Magdum and numerous different academicians including Prin.Dr.S.R.Suryawanshi, Prin.M.M.Swami, Prin.P.A.Panwal and Prin.E.G.Nikam directed the school through the sun and gives. At present, Prin.Dr.S.D.Jadhav has been boring the obligation as the Head of the Institution. At the point when the school was opened, there were just 55 understudies on its roll. Today, there are around 5000 understudies enlisted in distinctive classes.

The school made an unassuming starting with Arts workforce alone. Mr.R.K.Kanbarkar was the organizer chief of this school. The school Auditorium was initiated at the propitious hands of Mrs. Indira Gandhi, the then president of AICC in 1959. M.A.(Entire English) degree course was begun in 1964. The personnel of Commerce was included 1957-58 and the staff of Science in 1966-67. The metal bust of Karmaveer Bhaurao was raised in the school grounds and was ceremoniously revealed by Mr.Balasaheb Desai, the then Revenue Minister of Maharashtra.